June 1, 2020
COVID 19 Operations Update
This month we will be replacing rakes on the course and on golf carts, sand bottles, score cards & pencils. As more science is released along with ever changing policies from the governor’s office we have decided that at Mistwood Golf Course we will be focusing on what we are required to do legally while we embrace the advantages built in to the game of golf that limit the spread of viruses as a whole, including COVID-19.
Although it is your responsibility to practice Social Distancing and good hygiene, here are some things we are doing to help YOU do that better.
- Automatic Soap & Paper Towel dispensers in club house bathrooms.
- Disinfectant spray stations at all entrances, exits and cart pick up.
- Temporary Restrooms on each course have been upgraded with hand wash stations
- Any item intended prepared for use by our staff for our golfers will be done with a sterilized hand. (i.e. carts, pencils, cards, etc…)
Pertaining to golf.
- The foam pads that keep the ball from falling to the bottom will remain in place. We have decided their addition is welcome. If you feel they can interfere you are welcome to remove the flagstick given you take responsibility for sanitizing.
- Rakes are back at the bunkers and any respectable golfer should be doing the respectable thing by practicing good hygiene when using them for repairs after sand shots. Mistwood Golf Course has NO course rule in place for a ball in an un-raked sand trap. Play the ball where it lies.
- Sand Bottles have been returned to carts, please use them responsibly. Fill your divots and sanitize before use.
Additional modifications pertaining to operating within the legal requirements of Executive Order 2020-96 where we operate in region 6 of the state of Michigan where further exceptions to the stay at home order exist.
- Our staff is instructed to wear a mask when unable to remain 6 feet away from other individuals. For more information click here
- Food & beverage concessions currently only consist of take out items.
- For the time being dining will NOT be available at Mistwood Golf Course.
Cart Use & Fees
Effective immediately an additional cart fee will be charged for individuals requiring their own cart. We assure you that we are taking the COVID-19 Pandemic and Social Distancing very seriously. We remind you that it is your responsibility to practice Social Distancing by remaining at least 6 feet away from individuals outside of your household. We are happy to load two bags per cart for those not in the same household and remind them it is their responsibility to maintain 6 feet of separation. This can be done by taking turns riding in the cart. In addition, there are products available to separate golfers while sharing a cart. Any such device is at the golfers discretion to use. An additional cart fee of $10 for 9 Holes, $20 for 18 and $30 for Unlimited Holes will be charged when more than one person in a group rides alone. This fee can be split between individuals.
We are currently taking applications to insure your Membership. We realize that plans change and unexpected events happen. For 15% of the original cost of your Membership we will reimburse 100% of an unused Membership until July 31. Partially used memberships will be prorated each month of the season until July 31. For more details, apply in the Pro Shop.